The other thing I've enjoyed since being back home is being able to finally read the blog comments that everyone posted while we were gone. I am so touched by all the support and love that you all sent and even though I couldn't access them in the moment, I'm quite sure I felt the sentiment of each and every message just the same. Sadie is truly a delight and everyday she is revealing a new and wonderful side of herself. I am so blessed to be her Mommy. I can't wait for everyone to be able to meet her. Well - we're off to try that sleeping thing again! Talk to you soon!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
An American Girl
I'm thrilled to say that the long plane flight home went amazingly well. Sadie only fussed a couple of times and spent the rest of our 16 hour total journey sleeping or playing with toys and exclaiming her enthusiasm to the entire plane. (We have an amazingly big voice for such a little girl! :) ) Our entry into the U.S. was a tearful one for Mama. As we passed successfully through immigration in San Francisco - I couldn't help but cry of tears of joy for the new American citizen I held in my arms mingled with tears of sadness for the Chinese citizenship that simultaneously slipped away. She's an American girl now but her heart will always be Chinese and now, a little piece of mine will always be too.
We're now at Grandma and Grandpa's enjoying the extra attention and getting to know our new surroundings. I myself am pleased to be re-acquainting myself with the simple pleasures - like Starbucks!
By the way, Sadie wasted no time in acquiring a new best friend in Grandpa Pete! Give the girl a big tub of water and she's yours for life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
so happy to hear that the journey home was fairly easy. i am so happy to know that sadie will be in portland soon. i can't wait to meet her! enjoy the pampering and re discovering the pleasures of stateside life. chris and the girls.
Heidi,
so glad to have you back on US soil. The boys and I have been keeping tabs on your entire trip and all agree that Sadie is adorable. We can't wait to meet her! Looks like Pete is settling into grandpa-hood well. Glad to see so many photos with smiles...we can feel the love...even long distance. Congrats from all of the Fosters.
So great to see more photos, and I'm so happy to hear the flight home went so well! Sending big kisses from Auntie Kel! Have a wonderful time with your family and we just can't wait to have you back home again!!!
Heidi,
how good it is to see you ome at last with the absolutely darling Sadie!! She is SO cute!! What a journey, huh :)!
Amy C and Jane too!
Kelly, I'm so happy for you and welcome back! I can't wait to meet Sadie; she looks so adorable and happy in all of the pictures.
Heidi!
How wonderful and amazing and breathtaking. And to think - the real journey is just beginning. Welcome, Little Sadie.
Mary & Sasha
Heidi -- I have just had so much fun reading all about your adventures and seeing the photos of your darling little girl! She is a cutie -- can't wait to meet her!! I have been thinking about you and hoping all is going well. When do you come back to Portland? Can't wait to see you both!! Take care --
Love, Janie
Heidi -
Congrats and I wish you the best - I am so excited for you, and when can I meet her!?
Your cousin Susan
Welcome back to Portland Heidi and Sadie. So good to see these happy pictures of you...
Post a Comment