Another rumor today from someone else's agency that says the 10th is the cutoff this month. Whew! Being the 10th myself - it's a little close for comfort but I'll take it!! Hoping for more days just to move this along for my friends who are also still waiting. Next up is Kelli with an LID of February 24th so we want as many days between here and there as possible!
Someone asked today if I was anxious. Amazingly - no. I am completely at peace and just flat out excited. No doubt the anxiety will pop up when I least expect it and probably sooner than later - or sooner AND later. :) :) Oh, today I practiced saying her name outloud. I said it with many tones of voice - including using her middle name when I got to the "don't grab the cat's ears" part of the practice. :) :) I've been advised to make sure the name I choose sounds ok being called from afar at the park (oh - wait - maybe that was about dog naming! :) Oh well - could still apply. :) - and being said gently when you're trying to get her to sleep as well.
I've also been practicing for other little things I am looking forward to as a parent - like her first movie theater movie. Yesterday, we (her mommy and a couple of us Aunties) took Dumpling (see pic in blog below - the bead girl!) to see HER first movie - Horton Hears A Who. She just turned three and she managed it like a pro - complete with popcorn and movie candy. When I looked over at her in her little booster chair - I was pleasantly UNsurprised - knowing Dumpling as I do - to see her leaned back with both of legs stretched out in front of her with her ankles crossed - waiting to see how good of a job a giant, delusional elephant could do entertaining her. (Ok - Horton DOES really hear a Who - the psychosis thing is just a bad rap. Sorry Horton.). It was great. Oh, by the way, Dumpling is NOT her real name. We have several agreements in the Village about parenting and support. One is we do NOT support naming children after food items. If you do - you're pretty much on your own for the duration. :) Dumpling is a nickname. When we were waiting with her mom for HER referral, we spent the night before making dumplings for Chinese New Year. A nickname is born.
One more thing - there is talk of a baby shower in the next few weeks. MY baby shower. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. After all these years of celebrating the wonderful showers of countless friends and family members - this one is for ME. I might just show up with a gift anyway. :)
See you all tomorrow.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She sure was a pro! And you are well practiced...time for the REAL DEAL Mamahood! Can't wait to see the rumors be replaced with reality this week and most especially....Sadie Amelia's face at our referral day lunch!!
Post a Comment